Manager of Modelling and Data Science Unit
Manager of Modelling and Data Science Unit
- Job type: Permanent, Full-time
- Location: Riga
- Application deadline: 18/06/2020
Luminor is a contemporary, new-generation bank and financial services provider in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania with a local understanding of its home markets and customer needs. Built on the extensive experience of the two leading Nordic banks and a corporate partnership with a global investment firm - Blackstone, Luminor is the third-largest financial services provider in the Baltic region. With its customer base of 1.3 million clients and its team of over 2500 professionals, Luminor aims to become a leading financial services provider for Baltic businesses and entrepreneurial people.
Join us and become our newest team member making the change and advancing the world of banking!
Make the change as a Manager of Modelling and Data Science Unit
The Manager of Modelling and Data Science Unit will join the Risk Data & Analytics department within Luminor Risk Division which is responsible for analytics across all risk areas within Luminor and lead the team directly responsible for developing risk models and building data science capabilities.
- Support the business through the development of cutting-edge risk and decision support models for all current and emerging risks (e.g. Credit Risk, Market & Liquidity Risk, Operational Risk, etc.);
- Lead the deployment and integration of new and updated risk models within the risk model platform as well as ensure seamless delivery and model execution;
- Continuously work to enhance and improve existing models to ensure that they are performing and serving the intended purpose and scope;
- Closely collaborate with stakeholders in the Risk Division and across the bank to strategically and operationally prioritize new risk modelling needs derived from regulatory and other requirements;
- Build a data science mindset and respective capabilities in the Risk organization that support Luminor’s strategic business objectives (e.g. digitalization of credit processes);
- Provide direction and guidance on emerging advanced analytics methodologies, capabilities and tools (e.g. AI, ML, NLP, etc.) that should be incorporated into the risk model platform and processes of the Risk organization to deliver on the Risk Division’s goals more successfully;
- Developing the team, including coaching on modelling methodology, best practices definition, delivery of senior management ready material and subject matter expert engagement;
- Apply your experience and skills to collaboratively transform Luminor's Risk Division into a best-in class organization;
Focus on continual service improvement through identifying enhancements to current processes and procedures, proactive learning, sharing information and updating the knowledge repository to exceed customer expectations
Skills and Experience:
- Broad experience of working in a bank’s modelling function, ideally in an ECB regulated bank;
- Master’s degree level in a STEM or other numerate discipline with experience in data driven analysis and statistical or mathematical modelling;
- Knowledge on regulatory and accounting models such as IRB and IFRS9 credit risk models, also Market & Liquidity or Operational Risk related expertise in areas, such as xVA, IRRBB , CCR, stress testing, and machine learning techniques;
- You will need a deep working knowledge of at least Python and R, as well as database related knowledge such as SQL;
- Experience of the development and practical application of risk and scoring models, as well as model monitoring and maintenance;
- Experience working with advanced analytics and/or data science fields (e.g. predictive modelling, machine learning etc.);
- Experience of managing a technically highly skilled team;
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and across functions with a passion for coaching colleagues;
- The ability to translate complex and statistical techniques into simple, easily understood concepts – both verbally and in writing (MS PowerPoint / MS Word);
- Experience of working in cross functional teams and managing stakeholders with a strong orientation towards achieving results;
- Initiative and high-level of ownership and responsibility;
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, flexibility, and patience in a deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in English – both verbally and in writing;
- Willingness to travel.
Why Luminor? What we can offer you:
- Dynamic and International working environment that is filled with interesting challenges and opportunities as we build and innovate a new bank together;
- Varied opportunities to support your professional and personal development and growth;
- A competitive benefits package in addition to your salary;
- An additional benefits package for employees after 1 year in the company, which includes additional days of vacation;
- A collaborative and supportive team where you can create and implement ideas;
- A salary range for this position at 3500-4000 EUR (Gross*), which is to be determined depending on the level of experience and competencies of the selected candidate;
Please be informed that only suitable candidates will be contacted.